Re: Assessing the outdatedness of our web site translations

* Mike <michael_mead@paganrites.co.uk> [2003-07-11 23:09]:
> It can easily be customised for use on its own. Its wrote entirely in php
> and is currently setup to use MySQL, but can be easily changed to use
> postgreSQL.

 Nice. But that won't help us, it would just increase the load
unnecessarily on our webserver, and require more complex changes to the
web mirrors that we'd like to have. Especially I doubt that it would
scale well enough for the translation setup that we currently have.

> The jobs once completed and selected by the admin are archived so
> there is a log of everything that has been done on the site.

 You mean, like our cvs log?

> I have been using linux for years, and debian for the past year. I would
> like to help out with the site in anyway possible as I feel I have something
> to owe to the community.

 Then please read the documentation for our website and see the
requirements at <http://www.debian.org/devel/website/>, especially
<http://www.debian.org/devel/website/desc> and there the part at the end
that is titled "How _not_ to help". If I understood you correctly your
offered help would fall in that category.  I'm quite sure that you
haven't read any part of the description on how our website works and
the requirements needed. It's mainly static content so there is no need
for a php overhead.

[52 lines fullquote snipped]
 Please try to not include the whole text after what you write, just
cite the parts which you refer to, thanks.

 So long,
Alfie
--
use Mail::Signature;