Re: Package search improvements

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 06:36:44PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Hmm. IMHO it would be good to have a test system, where one can
> > > commiting to the CVS without breacking the running system.
> >
> > Just test your changes before committing.
>
> They require access to a bunch of Packages files... but then, Alioth isn't
> set up for this either, quantz.d.o doesn't hold a copy of the archive.
>
> Both quantz (Alioth) and vlaai (ftp.nl) are on SURFnet, so I guess I could
> check with ftp.nl guys if we could NFS-mount it.

Hi.

After the opinions I heard ("do it at home" from Matt, "use a
branch" from Alfie, and the above statement about alioth from Joy),
I currently plan to do the following:
 - I will make a project on alioth for the sake of shell access to a
   server on which I could set up a testing page.
   For the beginning it will definetly suffice to just get some sample
   Packages files via scp or wget.
 - Probably I will not use alioth for cvs because this is just
   confusing. I will use a branch for the existing directory.

I don't want to do this in private, because I will need probably some feedback
and some testing, therefore the placing on alioth.

Suggestions? Objections?

Frank

PS: Need I a DD to set up a project on alioth?

--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***
          *** http://www.djpig.de/ ***