Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people

* Tomohiro KUBOTA <debian@tmail.plala.or.jp> [2003-01-31 18:51]:
> From: Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people
> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:45:16 -0800

 Uhm, please try to produce a sensible way for an attribution line -- I
guess a beast like emacs must be able to do so.

>> I am sorry but I have to remind you that you are very likely to be
>> called officially "Yuuma Oohara" in the letters your government issues
>> in English or French.  That may be where you have to fight :-) I do not
>> understand why you are so picky on this issue here ?
>
> England and France are only two countries in the world.

 Osamu wasn't taking about the countries here, he was refering to the
language.

>> Form is form.  Just follow the instruction.
>
> If this is a bug, or at least may cause a confusion, let us think
> about improvement.

 If we confuse people that _don't read_ I simply can live with it.  A
form usually have it stated what you should enter right next to it.

> For example, adding a note "Please input your given name and family
> name in the form regardless of your native order of name."

 That's a sensless defiant statement.  If the form has written next to
it what should be inserted why do you think adding another note about it
would make people that don't read grok it better?

> If we don't have to know which part is given name and which is
> family name, it is a good idea to have only one form to input the
> whole name.  In this case, the order is completely free.

 But we should now, imho.

[39 lines of not needed stuff after your last line deleted]

 Please don't leave in huge chunks of junk that don't add to the mail,
it just confuses people figuring out why you left them in.

 Have fun.
Alfie
--
"Netscape is not a newsreader, and probably never shall be."
        -- Tom Christiansen