Re: "family name, personal name" in devel/people

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 06:51:40PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> > I am sorry but I have to remind you that you are very likely to be
> > called officially "Yuuma Oohara" in the letters your government issues
> > in English or French.  That may be where you have to fight :-) I do not
> > understand why you are so picky on this issue here ?
>
> England and France are only two countries in the world.  They don't
> have rights to determine international way to do something.  If we
> were developing English or French localized distribution, you would
> be right.

The correct approach here is to make the system internationalized, so we
won't have to share the same format among different languages. The English,
the French, the Japanese, and everybody else for that matter, will be able
to use their own preferred format for displaying the names. There would be
no conflict.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.