Re: translation of searchtmpl/search.wml

Hi,

From: csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small)
Subject: Re: translation of searchtmpl/search.wml
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:13:57 +1100

> It was before you replied to that mail (or maybe another?).  Essentially
> I was incorrect.  mnogosearch *stores* its indexing in UTF-8 but needs
> all those flags to do the indexing.
>
> Have you tried a little bit of indexing of Japanese pages to see if it
> does seem to behave itself?

Not yet.  However, I believe that --with-extra-charsets is a necessary
condition, though I am not sure that it is a necessary and sufficient
condition (but I expect so).  Please read:
http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=6350

Note that Japanese (and Chinese) has "The Problem 2" (no spaces between
words) and need the newer version of mnoGoSearch with ChaSen, as you
wrote.  However, I expect Korean will be fully fixed by --with-extra-charsets.
I also expect that Japanese and Chinese words which occasionally appear
independently (i.e., separated by spaces or HTML tags) will be able to
be searched.

I thought about testing it but I don't have enough time to study database,
because I am entirely new on database.  (Also, I could not test another
etc/index.<lang>.htm problem because search.cgi in klecker:~/public_html
didn't work well and I don't know why.  It may be because of apache's
configuration.)

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/