Re: translation of searchtmpl/search.wml

Hi,

From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
Subject: Re: translation of searchtmpl/search.wml
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:46:34 +0100

> At first glance it sounds very good, but I am not sure this is the way
> to go, because some strings are not handled by gettext, e.g. see
> Catalan strings in webwml/english/template/debian/ctime.wml
> There are also several Perl variables in date.pot, which will be
> displayed according to current locale, and not UTF-8.
> We could certainly play with CUR_LOCALE, but a simpler solution is
> to post-process HTML files with iconv and change their charset
> field in <meta> tags, see attached patch.

I think your idea is better than mine.  I also checked your patch
works well, i.e., builds translated pages in UTF-8.

BTW, do you have any idea why Craig thinks like the following mail?
Maybe I am missing something....
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2003/debian-www-200301/msg00271.html

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>