Re: UPPERCASE surname?

Hi,

From: Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr>
Subject: Re: UPPERCASE surname?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:39:04 +0100

> And I don't believe they exclude web pages that write e.g. "TOKUGAWA
> Ieyasu", as Google ignores case when searching (obviously because many
> people get case wrong, in general).
>
> I know there can be confusion with this but if we keep the uppercase, we
> lose the consistency and at the same time don't provide any benefit to
> people who already understand what uppercase means.

In this case, "tokugawa" (Tokugawa, TOKUGAWA) is surname.  Therefore,
this is consistent with my usage.  And, the intension of the statistics
is just the order of surname-givenname or givenname-surname, *not*
UPPERCASE or Lowercase.

Do you still try to force me not to use UPPERCASE surname, though
I said I don't care how other people write my name?  I don't like
flamewar.  I just want you not to join Japanese people's flamewar
which continues about 10 years.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/