Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:48:59AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Why do you think that not pruning dead mirrors from the list is going to
> make the maintainers of those mirrors more liable to fix them.

I have come to realize that people sometimes simply don't know that their
mirrors are outdated/broken/nonexistent. Recently the Debian mirror at
ftp.funet.fi stopped updating, and the maintainer had no idea for a month,
until I prodded them. Since they (can) provide such an useful service to us,
we should be fair to them and at least let them know that there's a problem,
instead of just cutting them off without an explanation.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.