Re: CD pages

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:19:35AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I'd like a few notes to be added to the debian mirrors/CD pages:
>
> - users should favour HTTP over FTP, because this is less stressful for
>   the servers

Does it really make a difference when downloading full CD images? I
thought it only does with jigdo, because the overhead with FTP is the
login, which only happens once per downloaded file.

> - if an user plans to use jigdo to make an image with the packages from
>   only one server, he should first check if pre-built CD images are
>   available from that server

I think I'll solve this by changing the list of servers distributed
with the next version of jigdo: If a site offers both HTTP and FTP,
only the HTTP link is listed.

Cheers,

  Richard

--