Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joey: webwml/english/security parse-advisory.pl

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:12:09AM -0700, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> Log message:
> 	This will handle bugtraq ids properly, even if there is more than one
> 	single id.  Added writing of RCS Id, since I want to have it included,
> 	and since I maintain the security pages currently, my wish should have
> 	some weight here. *grmbl*

No, it should not, not any more than any random translator that has to put
up with that crap in their files.

The information in the Id line is available other ways (partly in
CVS/Entries partly via the cvs log commands), and has very little practical
use in those files (people who need the revision info already use
check_trans.pl, and the others don't need anything).

Therefore, the line is byte waste and it should not be there.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.