Re: CD pages

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:32:20PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > I'd like a few notes to be added to the debian mirrors/CD pages:
> >
> > - users should favour HTTP over FTP, because this is less stressful for
> >   the servers
>
> Does it really make a difference when downloading full CD images? I
> thought it only does with jigdo, because the overhead with FTP is the
> login, which only happens once per downloaded file.

Marco reminded me of this via IRC...

20:01  <Md> Joy: the HTTP/FTP note applies to the standard mirror list too
20:02  <Joy> ah, that, yeah
20:02  <Joy> well, this is implied, not explicitely named everywhee
20:03  <Md> Joy: then too many morons do not understand it
20:03  <Joy> lol
20:03  <Joy> a vast majority of our URLs are HTTP
20:03  <Joy> i have went through many documents and did exactly this change,
             ftp:// -> http://
20:03  <Joy> i'll add a few explicit notes.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.