Re: Slides in the DDP CVS

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:21:03AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > However, we should probably decide the preferred format first: HTML?
> > MagicPoint? TeX? (with Prosper)  Some issues are also de image formats
> > (jpg? png?)
> In my opinion HTML and TeX might be a problem because the provided tools for
> conversion mgp2<xxx> are not really good.  Just ship the source as is and
> add HTML or TeX if available.

	I was not speaking of MagicPoint.  I do use TeX (as is) for some
presentations myself, it does do things MagicPoint couldn't. Other people
have HTML templates to show presentations using the web browser...

> and I would be happy if someone could explain, why the MagicPoint source
> is not moved from CVS to the web pages.  Would I have to to extra things
> to get it published?

	That's because of Makefile.common in the wml sources. The only
files installed (by default) when they are present on a given dir are:

OTHERFILES := $(wildcard *.ps.gz *.eps *.pdf *.css)
OTHERFILES += $(wildcard *.jpg *.jpeg *.gif *.png *.fig *.xcf.gz *.ppm)

	Otherwise you need to create a new install target such as:

install::
        install -m 664 -p FILE1 FILE2 FILE3 .... $(HTMLDIR)

at debian-med/talks/Makefile.

	We could, of course, add mgp to the list of extensions that are
automatically included if found in the local dir too... Josip?

	Javi