Re: www.debian.org down?

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 03:15:08PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:56:41PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> > Is this some stupid local error, or is the website down?
>
> The web server ran out of free space on /tmp (due to sudden expansion of
> /var/log) and the build scripts messed things up.
>
> debian-admin, please move /var/log/apache under /org or make logrotate
> rotate that stuff more often or something else.
>
> (I had a feeling this would happen, but nobody would listen to me before :p)

I think the problem has propogated to the mirrors too, I'm
afraid. (www.uk.debian.org shows the same symptoms) IIRC from my days
on the web team long ago, that's expected because the web pulse is
pushed just after the build finishes. Maybe you should check the
result codes of the build processes before pushing the mirror, though?

Jules