Re: please remove yaboot-howto from CVS

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 03:49, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  To what I was informed the upstream maintainer of the howto is the one
> who checked it in :)  Chris Tillman did that file and I know that he is
> in contact with the maintainer of yaboot itself to work this out.  I
> don't know if you were informed of this and if your wish is a result of
> that talk.

Ethan wants to become upstream; why, I'm not exactly sure.  Chris and I
have more or less agreed to let him do this.

>  I personally would rather like to see this request coming directly from
> either the yaboot maintainer himself (I once received a mail from him
> when I talked with Chris about this topic so I know that he can mail
> himself) - or from Chris, who has cvs write access himself and doesn't
> have to request it on the list but can remove it himself.

He asked me to ask for him; he sometimes has trouble phrasing requests
in a people-friendly manner.

>  So why not replace it first with your packaged version, then?  Does it
> include the german translation I've provided, btw.?

I'm not sure what you mean by "my" packaged version; The only thing I've
done so far is to tar up the current CVS versions and send them to Ethan
(despite the fact he could have done this himself).  I did include the
German translation; there weren't any others I saw.