Re: Adding translation stats to the web site

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:13:26AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:56:50PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> >
> > Denis is currently rewriting (part of) the scripts generating the pages you
> > can access from w.d.o/intl/l10n, but I agree that this page is not good (I
> > wrote it). Feel free to submit patchs against it, or rewrite it from the
> > scratch.
>
> 	Will do.

Good !

> > But are you sure that the informations you want to add belong to this page,
> > and not to w.d.o/intl ?
> >

> 	AFAIK
> 	translation of the website = l10n
> 	content negotiation in Apache = i18n
> 	package translation = l10n (the act in itself, the infrastructure
> for dpkg/apt to work might be i18n)
>
> 	user-es, user-de, user-ja = l10n
>
> 	Making a long story short, I have always thought that making
> it possible for something to be internationalized (i.e., the mechanism in
> itself) = i18n, internationalizating something (i.e. using it) = l10n.
>
> 	In any case, I might be wrong... please correct me if needed be.

Ok, ok, I agree, but that's not that relevant in this case. I would say the
l10n directory is for scripts about the current status of the translation in
any part of Debian. For now, there is po files and debconf templates, even
if it's not clear enough from the l10n/index.wml . Moreover, there is a page
about the i18n of programs (part of, just to see if they are gettextized).

We should add status of webpages, as you pointed out, status of ddp, or any
other part we can think about...

any other directory in international/ should contain informations specific
to a given language. And informations about i18n have no place there, beside
the document about it in the ddp (IMHO, of course).

Bye, Mt.