Re: events/materials/posters

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 06:49:35PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001, Kaare Olsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:38:46 +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> >
> >>negatives
> > [...]
> >>	- many (20+) mirrors have to have a copy of them
> >
> > Not only the mirrors, but everyone who have a local copy of "webwml/english/" - i.e.
> > probably all translators.
>
>  No - that problem is solved already.  If you haven't noticed in a
> update lately, cvs should complain about the
> webwml/english/events/material(s?) directory, you can now simple remove
> it, it's not in cvs anymore.

	The problem is, that that also overfixed the problem regarding the
posters. On the materials/ dir there is stuff that could be CVS controlled:

1.- tex files for building flyers (nice and small :)
2.- mgp files for presentations
3.- the Makefiles that build all the stuff
4.- tex files to make developer cards (although they shouldn't change
that much)

	I agree that other stuff (eps files, for example) do not need
to be CVS controlled, but the only problem was with materials/posters/
why was it *all* moved?

4       Makefile
16      CVS
320     business-cards
320     cdlabels
512     panflets
800     stickers
952     slides
1076    tshirts
11132   flyers
45424   posters
61096   total

(those are *compiled* directories, after a 'make clean')

4       Makefile
16      CVS
80      business-cards
320     cdlabels