Re: all of the web pages will now have a mirror list.

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 06:28:38PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Hmm. I'm not quite sure how to change the function properly.
> > >
> > > Also, this looks like it could be a slippery slope: if I add an exception
> > > for those five Croatian letters, other people will do it too, and the file
> > > might get bloated with hardly important things... Maybe we could get a
> > > Unicode-aware cmp or something? :) Shouldn't there be a way to use the
> > > locale's sorting method ($LC_COLLATE)?
> >
> > Indeed, adding
> >
> >   <perl>
> >     use locale;
> >     use POSIX;
> >     setlocale(LC_COLLATE, "hr_HR");
> >   </perl>
> >
> > in template/debian/languages.wml fixes this problem.
> > Maybe you could add a variable in <lang>/.wmlrc when locales must be
> > changed?
>
> How do you mean? A variable that would hold the $LC_COLLATE string?

Exactly, something like (in template/debian/languages.wml)

    <when "$(CUR_LOCALE)">
      <perl>
        use locale;
        use POSIX;
        setlocale(LC_ALL, "$(CUR_LOCALE)");
      </perl>
    </when>

and then translators may add CUR_LOCALE definition in <lang>/.wmlrc when
necessary.

Denis