Re: all of the web pages will now have a mirror list.

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 05:00:48PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > Is it possible to sort the mirror list according to the specific
> > > translations?
> >
> > Same problem applies to ie. consultants page where countries are in
> > wrong order in translations[1].  Basically problem is same, so it would
> > be useful to think enough general solution for this.  With my
> > knowledge about WML it would be some kind of Perl function to sort
> > those things that would be used everywhere when needed.
>
> Yes, I think it can be done the way it's done in the languages template.
> I'll look into it, unless someone beats me to it.

It could have been done, were it not for the dreaded slices[1].

I did this:

my %mirrors = (
    "<ATc>" => "at",
    "<AUc>" => "au",
    "<BGc>" => "bg",
    "<CNc>" => "cn",
    "<DKc>" => "dk",
    "<FRc>" => "fr",
    "<DEc>" => "de",
    "<JPc>" => "jp",
    "<KRc>" => "kr",
    "<ITc>" => "it",
    "<NLc>" => "nl",
    "<PLc>" => "pl",
    "<RUc>" => "ru",
    "<ZAc>" => "za",
    "<ESc>" => "es",
    "<TRc>" => "tr",
    "<UKc>" => "uk",
              );
foreach $m (sort keys %mirrors) {
  print STDERR "$m\n";
  print "  <option value=\"http://www.$mirrors{$m}.debian.org\";>$m</option>\n";
}

However, it doesn't work since the slices within each of the <XXc> tags
don't get expanded until pass 9, and eperl is pass 3. :(

Something like this works for the hash in the languages template because it
uses values for the paths from another hash, instead of sliced tags. It
would be a royal pain to get this done for the country names, I think.

Maybe Denis can show us an elegant way to do this?