Re: all of the web pages will now have a mirror list.

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:40:18PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:

> > > Yes, I think it can be done the way it's done in the languages template.
> > > I'll look into it, unless someone beats me to it.
> >
> > It could have been done, were it not for the dreaded slices[1].
> [...]
> > Maybe Denis can show us an elegant way to do this?
>
> not sure this is elegant, but it seems to work.

Not sure what that thing down there is :)) but it does seem to work.

It doesn't know how to handle characters like © (which should be sorted
between S and T), though :o) Could that be fixed by tweaking the regexp?

> my $mirrors_lang = {};
> foreach $m (keys %mirrors) {
>     while ($m =~ m/\[([A-Z_]+):(.*?):\]/g) {
>         $mirrors_lang->{$1}->{$2} = $mirrors{$m};
>     }
> }
> foreach $l (keys %$mirrors_lang) {
>   foreach $m (sort langcmp keys %{$mirrors_lang->{$l}}) {
>   <perl:print>  [$l:<option value=\"http://www.$mirrors_lang->{$l}->{$m}.debian.org\">$m</option>\n:]</perl:print>
>   }
> }

BTW I'm going to organize it in a slightly different way, without the new
tag.