Re: new front page, take 1

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 09:23:15AM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
[...]
> It's good enough for me, I suspect it needs a bit more work but I'm not
> too worried about it.  It's also xhtml.  BTW Dennis, I haven't put your
> no <ul> in <p> changes yet :/

As you mentioned this problem more than once, I'll say some words about it ;)
Many pages do contain
or
tags.  The first idea when adding closing tags is to write
Unfortunately this is wrong, because <p> cannot (as defined in HTML specs)
contain <ul> tags, and previous syntax is in fact equivalent to

I would suggest to recommend validation by wdg-html-validator instead of
weblint, because it is based on a real SGML parser (weblint seems to be a basic
HTML syntax checker).

Denis