Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by csmall: webwml/english/distrib vendors.wml

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:45:14AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Why did you do that \n</li><li>\n thing? IMHO it should be done like
> paragraphs -- with a start tag before the first word and the end tag after
> the last word.
>
> (Hey, the commit's all about formatting, I'm allowed to nitpick on it! :)

I actually prefer it that way as
 <tag>
  blah blah blah
  blah
 </tag><tag>
  blH BLAH BLAH
 </tag>

Reads a lot easier than

 <tag>blah blah blah
 blah</tag>
 <tag>blH BLAH BLAH</tag>

I've been re-coding a dynamic website, essentially hand-patching.  I
found that format was the easiest to work out what was going on.

Oh, as Dennis pointed out to me later, my way is broken, eg

 The type of CD is indicated under each entry.
 <ul>

Should be
 The type of CD is indicated under each entry.
<ul>

ie unnumbered lists cannot be in paragraphs.

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>