Re: Adding translation stats to the web site

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:56:50PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:

> Denis is currently rewriting (part of) the scripts generating the pages you
> can access from w.d.o/intl/l10n, but I agree that this page is not good (I
> wrote it). Feel free to submit patchs against it, or rewrite it from the
> scratch.

	Will do.

> But are you sure that the informations you want to add belong to this page,
> and not to w.d.o/intl ?

	AFAIK
	translation of the website = l10n
	content negotiation in Apache = i18n
	package translation = l10n (the act in itself, the infrastructure
for dpkg/apt to work might be i18n)

	user-es, user-de, user-ja = l10n

	Making a long story short, I have always thought that making
it possible for something to be internationalized (i.e., the mechanism in
itself) = i18n, internationalizating something (i.e. using it) = l10n.

	In any case, I might be wrong... please correct me if needed be.

	Javi