Re: Improve modularity of toplevel Perl scripts

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 05:26:42PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
> > My roadmap is (not necessary in chronological order):
> >   a) commit modified versions of all scripts reading CVS/Entries files
> >      to use this Cvsinfo module: check_trans.pl, remove_stale.pl
> >      stattrans.pl, touch_translations.pl, and maybe also
> >      french/international/french/ltcp.pl
>
> Well, what about spanish/intl/spanish/ltcp.pl ? They exists, don't they ?

Sure, I will be glad to work with them, but won't change their files
myself.

> >   b) write a module to manage lists of files not to consider for
> >      translation purpose
> >   c) write a module to get language list from wml::debian::languages
>
> Do you means the translated name or only the english one ?

I meant the extraction of %langs from wml::debian::languages.
Here it is:
  http://people.debian.org/~barbier/webwml/Perl/Webwml/Langs.pm
At http://people.debian.org/~barbier/webwml/ there is the stuff I have
talked about:
  * pre-build scripts: scripts.tar.gz contains
      # pre_build
      # scripts_prebuild/
  * rewrite of toplevel Perl scripts: perl.tar.gz contains
      # hidden .transignore file (how to make it visible?)
      # check_trans.pl stattrans.pl touch_translations.pl
      # Perl/ directory with modules

The modified check_trans.pl and stattrans.pl scripts do work also with
documents whose original is not English ;)
As said earlier, I will only commit the latter, in few days.
Any code review is/or English fixes are welcome.

Denis