Re: Improve modularity of toplevel Perl scripts

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 04:44:27PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
[...]
> > For instance, here is a (documented, yeah ;)) Cvsinfo.pm package which
> > performs the task mentioned above, and check_trans.pm is a modified
> > version to use it; this script also fixes the bug about documents whose
> > original is not English.
> >
> > To try it, create a webwml/Perl/ directory and put Cvsinfo.pm there.
> > Feel free to comment the `use lib' trick (in check_trans.pm) and propose
> > a better solution, the currently one is not very satisfactory, but it
> > seems to work.
>
> Putting Perl/ in there would probably require a kludge here and there, but
> if you're willing to work on this I will only watch ;)

All right, then I'll go ahead and commit changes in few days, in case
someone wants to object.  If you prefer another name for the Perl/
directory or have any suggestions for naming scheme convention, I'll be
glad to hear.

My roadmap is (not necessary in chronological order):
  a) commit modified versions of all scripts reading CVS/Entries files
     to use this Cvsinfo module: check_trans.pl, remove_stale.pl
     stattrans.pl, touch_translations.pl, and maybe also
     french/international/french/ltcp.pl
  b) write a module to manage lists of files not to consider for
     translation purpose
  c) write a module to get language list from wml::debian::languages
  d) work with Martin quinson to improve english/international/l10n/scripts/

Related issues:
What is the status of the make_all.pl and make_links.pl scripts?
If they are obsolete, they should be removed.
And touch_old_files.pl can only be run on klecker, so there is no reason
for this script to be here.

Denis