Re: english/events/materials/posters - please explain!!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> It's not _only_ the mirrors, but also the local repositories.  And there
> the increase is much more than just 10%, usually you have only the
> english and your language checked out.

 Just to let you know of the increase:
alfie@asgard:~/work/Debian/CVS/webwml$ du -sh english/events .
52M     english/events
77M     .

 This is an increase by about 200 percent for people that have just two
languages checked out like usual translators (even more for most
languages for german is quite ahead with the files, less only for
japanese and swedish).  I don't think that this is really an acceptable
increase. Please ask next time and question what you are doing!

 Maybe a /files section would be appropriate, you can put in there also
a hierarchy to have them aligned with the usual tree, and we don't need
to have the files in cvs.  I still don't know what is the best idea -
this for sure isn't it at all!

 *grumbles*
Alfie
--
 You never learn anything  |   /"""""\                   ,'~~.
   by doing it right.      |  / chaos \  alfie.ist.org   |o ?~\