english/events/materials/posters - please explain!!

        Hi!

 I just noticed that updating this directory simply fails with a
segfault.  It seems that the files are too big.  The log message for all
the files goes like this:

| Quite a big commit. but easy to explain. This commit includes a lot of
| mnaterial ...

 ... so, I'd like to know the real explenation for this, and how we
should be able to update this directory?  I can't seem to be able to
update it, it always Terminates with fatal signal 11.

 So - _please_ give a more meaningful description why this big files are
needed, why this breaks cvs completely (I hope I'm not the only one with
this problem) and maybe a solution.  I tried to get the files themselves
with a single cvs up filename - but poster1.ps.gz and poster2.ps.gz
doesn't seem to like it.

 This way it's impossible for me to currently work on the pages in a
convenient way.

 So long,
Alfie
--
 You never learn anything  |   /"""""\                   ,'~~.
   by doing it right.      |  / chaos \  alfie.ist.org   |o ?~\