Re: english/events/materials/posters - please explain!!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 09:43:34AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I just noticed that updating this directory simply fails with a
> segfault.  It seems that the files are too big.

It doesn't for me...

> The log message for all the files goes like this:
>
> | Quite a big commit. but easy to explain. This commit includes a lot of
> | mnaterial ...
>
>  ... so, I'd like to know the real explenation for this
[...]
>  So - _please_ give a more meaningful description why this big files are
> needed

I agree. Why exactly do we need all this _in CVS_?

>  This way it's impossible for me to currently work on the pages in a
> convenient way.

It could piss off a few web mirror admins because this is 51 MB of
junk^Wstuff that you introduced. And they would have every right to be
pissed off, since nobody prepared them for anything like this. 51 MB
is more than 11% increase BTW.

(Added CC: just to be sure.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.