Re: User's cgi scripts?

Hi Michael,
Very nice the work you've done with the translations.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 04:42:41PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 07:02:26PM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> > ... I'd like to make our web interface
> > available in www.debian.org for those who'd rather use an html form instead of
> > a mail interface (I'll try to combine both methods).
>
> the combination is not a problem:
>
> send only an mail with a attachment in this form:
>
> ! From: <mail@host.com>
> !  1. part orig description
> !  .
> !  2. part orig description
> ! Description-es: translated description
> !  1. part translated description
> !  .
> !  2. part translated description
>
> to grisu-td@auric.debian.org
that part is easy. The part that needs work done is trying to unify the
databases. If I send in Spanish translations to your mail server, we have to
figure out a way to keep it synchronized with the 5028 translations
we already have in a gdbm file.

> > I could create some pages in www.debian.org/~villate
> > but I can't find out whether Debian developers are allowed to use cgi scripts
> > and where they should go.
>
> IMHO we (the normal maintainers) can't use cgi-scripts on the user
> > pages... or?

And what do I have to do to prove that I'm abnormal enough to deserve to use
cgi? :-)

Cheers,
Jaime

P.S. At this moment we have 5028 package descriptions translated into
Spanish.