Re: pick-your-mirror droplist on all pages

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 06:15:21PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > I've made changes that would put a "Select a server near you" droplist on
> > > each page, not only the front page. This would redirect the user not only to
> > > the correct server, but to the correct page as well. However, before
> > > commiting this to CVS and causing a 300MB mirror pulse, I was wondering,
> > > what would be the best place to put this? I was thinking of bottom of the
> > > page, aligned to the left (so it stands out a bit). Opinions?
> >
> > If we would have had the same layout on all pages, e.g. like the following,
> > I'd say something like this.
> >
> > [demode layout snipped]
> >
> > But since we don't have it... below the main menu, so it's visible
> > quite early on the page and people may use it.
>
> Aligned to the left, center or right?

If I would be asked, I'd say left, so it gets viewed by the eye quite
early (well, that's european-centric, since the arabian world seems
to read differently, make it dependable on the language?)

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto