pick-your-mirror droplist on all pages

Hi,

I've made changes that would put a "Select a server near you" droplist on
each page, not only the front page. This would redirect the user not only to
the correct server, but to the correct page as well. However, before
commiting this to CVS and causing a 300MB mirror pulse, I was wondering,
what would be the best place to put this? I was thinking of bottom of the
page, aligned to the left (so it stands out a bit). Opinions?