Re: Title of web pages

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 07:55:34PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Fixing the title for the Social Contract, which is obviously
> > kernel-independent, can be done, sure, I'll do it now. If you notice any
> > other such title, please let -www list know so we can fix it. (Or fix it
> > yourself.)
>
> Almost all pages are not directly related to Debian GNU/Linux, but applicable
> to both. Rare exceptions are the release pages for past releases, and search
> results for packages in the linux area of the distributions.
>
> Fixing individual pages seems rather pointless to me. I will ask again when
> Debian GNU/Hurd is first released, if this is what bothers you.

Sorry, this is not exactly what I meant to say. Let me try again.

Obviously, a lot of pages are directly and exclusively targetted at Debian
GNU/Linux right now. The content of these pages list Linux resources,
Vendors etc. However, they are not principally Linux-centric. As soon as the
corresponding Debian GNU/Hurd resources come up, we want them to be listed
there. This is happening gradually. For example, since some time we have at
least two CD vendors who ship Debian GNU/Hurd CDs.

So, you are right with what you said, and it seems you want them to be
changed gradually whenever Hurd specific stuff is added. I wanted to say
that it makes sense IMHO to make the change globally now, and be done with.
It just seems easier to me, and less time consuming for everyone.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de