Re: Title of web pages

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 01:58:00PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I don't see anything overly wrong if most of the web pages are oriented
> towards GNU/Linux since the users will mostly want that, as that's the only
> thing we officially ship.

I don't see anything wrong with this either, but Debian GNU/Linux is
somewhere the string used as the global title prefix of all web pages
on www.debian.org. I still think it makes sense to change this string and
mark release specific pages which only apply to GNU/Linux, as those are in
the minority.

> Fixing the title for the Social Contract, which is obviously
> kernel-independent, can be done, sure, I'll do it now. If you notice any
> other such title, please let -www list know so we can fix it. (Or fix it
> yourself.)

Almost all pages are not directly related to Debian GNU/Linux, but applicable
to both. Rare exceptions are the release pages for past releases, and search
results for packages in the linux area of the distributions.

Fixing individual pages seems rather pointless to me. I will ask again when
Debian GNU/Hurd is first released, if this is what bothers you.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de