Re: cdimage pages in wml

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a brief discussion with Marcin Owsiany who was going to convert
> http://cdimage.debian.org/ into WML files, I did it myself, with a little
> bit of scripting. (I'm assuming Marcin's idea has support amongst debian-cd
> members...)
>
> It's commited it to CVS at
> :(pserver|ext):(account|anonymous)@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/webwml, module
> cdimage. It uses template files from ../webwml which is the webwml module in
> the same CVS root -- that's for getting the navigation bar et al.

Okay, I'm taking a look now. Hmmm.. I think there's something wrong, but since
I don't know anything about wml yet, I don't have a clue. Take a look at
http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/test-cdimage.d.o/
(generated with just 'make').

> I'm not sure where do we go from here... :) We should probably arrange for
> all previous editors of those pages to have CVS access (Anne Bezemer AFAICT),

Thats a great idea ;-)  However I'm still trying to be the living proof that
you don't need to be an Official Developer to do many things, so we'll have to
figure out another way to get me access. I can send a PGP/GPG encrypted
passwds to anyone who asks (keys signed by a few DDs).

> and then the admin (Phil Hands AFAICT) can set up a script on the site to
> get updated from CVS.

I have write access to the web stuff, so no need to bother Phil (who's busy
enough already). I suppose a simple "cvs update; make install" in cron
would do the trick?

And yes, this move to wml/CVS was intended to increase translatability. So I
guess I'll wait a bit until the stuff is set up in a more appropriate way.
(I won't be watching closely, so give me a yell when it's finished)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer