Re: [nm-admin] Weakly Report

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 08:59:48PM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> I plan to put a new newmaint.wml into devel/ directory of our main
> www tree, and create nmadmin subdirectory in devel/, which has
> the proceedings.wml and others (step1.wml, step2.wml, ...).
No.. make the newmaint.wml into "index.wml" and put it all into a "join" or
"joining" subdirectory.

There is going to be more information than one page is going to handle so we
might as well create the subdirectory now...  Also, we should choose a name
for the directory that would be intuitive to the majority of people, both in
the project and not.

If we need a seperate admin directory, also, that would be doable, too.

Also, let's plan on the application page (the PHP) on NOT being in the tree.
We'll be putting it into a seperate directory.. probably a seperate machine,
even.

> So the proposed addition is:
>
>  ./(TOP directory in cvs, namely webwml/english)
>  ./devel/
>         /newmaint.wml (the entrance page for "New Maintainers' Corner")
>         /nmadmin/ (subdirectory)
>                 /proceedings.wml (the "CheckList"/"Process description" page)
>                 /step1.wml (the extended description for Step 1)
>                 /step2.wml (same for Step 2)
>                 /...
>
> I am not going to commit them into cvs until we (NM AM team) define
> the whole process, but I think a kind of sample implementation may
> be useful to get the better output.
"Release Early, Release Often"   We don't have to put a link to it anywhere
until we're ready...

> I wish to the links to them; Oliver's cgi (PHP) pages for "Status Board"
> and "Application Submit Form" is essential for our web interfaces. And
> Darren's "FAQ page" is useful for Applicants.
That would be a given....

>   1) Currently, the top page <http://www.debian.org/> shows the link to
> "Contact Us" page at the left navbar. And at the bottom line of
> that "Contact Us" page shows the link to "complete list of maintainer contacts",
> which is devel/maintainer_contacts file.
I thought we did away with that file.  It disconcerting me that it keeps cropping
back up...

> As I pointed out before, this page shows the following list:
>
>       Developer Related Jobs:
>          New Maintainers -- <new-maintainer@debian.org>
>               member Martin Schulze <joey@debian.org>
>               member James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
Either way, I'd rather see EVERYBODY's name up there.  There is no reason to
keep the Account Managers' names secret and Debian is about openness.

> I think we should change the name here to Dale Scheetz, since he wrote
> that he receives the mails sent to <new-maintainer@debian.org>.
>
> I think this change can be done before we (NM AM) define the whole process.
>
>   2) the "Developers' Corner" (devel/index) shows the link to
> "Joining Debian" (devel/help) page at the left navbar.
>
> I wish to change the text in that page (help.wml) to match the current
> status, and integrate the new maintainer related part of that page to
> the new "New Maintainers' Corner" we will add.

Just take this page and incorporate the parts you want into the intro to the
new maintainer's corner and when we're ready, we'll point the link in
devel/index.html to that page.