Re: [nm-admin] Weakly Report

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 08:59:48PM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> I plan to put a new newmaint.wml into devel/ directory of our main
> www tree, and create nmadmin subdirectory in devel/, which has
> the proceedings.wml and others (step1.wml, step2.wml, ...).
>
> So the proposed addition is:
>
>  ./(TOP directory in cvs, namely webwml/english)
>  ./devel/
>         /newmaint.wml (the entrance page for "New Maintainers' Corner")
>         /nmadmin/ (subdirectory)
>                 /proceedings.wml (the "CheckList"/"Process description" page)
>                 /step1.wml (the extended description for Step 1)
>                 /step2.wml (same for Step 2)
>                 /...

I'd better like if everything was under /devel/newmaint/ , and the entrance
page could be index.wml, which would generate index.html, so people could
go to http://www.debian.org/devel/newmaint/ and see it all. It's shorter.

Are these CGI/PHP pages going to be kept on www.debian.org?

>       Developer Related Jobs:
>          New Maintainers -- <new-maintainer@debian.org>
>               member Martin Schulze <joey@debian.org>
>               member James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
>
> I think we should change the name here to Dale Scheetz, since he wrote
> that he receives the mails sent to <new-maintainer@debian.org>.

I agree. I'll change that now, along with some other updates (some of that
info is incomplete and/or wrong).

That page should have been phased out in favor of some other, gecko talked
about that, but it seems nothing happened yet.

> I wish to change the text in that page (help.wml) to match the current
> status, and integrate the new maintainer related part of that page to
> the new "New Maintainers' Corner" we will add.

> 2nd paragraph may be better to be revised in order to emphasize the
> importance of the debian-devel-announce list, since the list becomes now
> "essential" list for Debian members.

It should be essential right now :) I'll change that.

Right. A link to http://qa.debian.org/howto.html should suffice, right?

> 3rd paragrash is needed to be revised after we add the new
> "New Maintainers' Corner" in order to refer that.

Of course.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name