Re: lists.debian.org not updating some lists

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:01:32PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

Kinda old post, but I felt this below needed to be said.

> > (*)You might be wondering why we don't simply have one machine that hosts
> > www.d.o, is where the daily updates are done, functions as the mirror
> > server and hosts cgi.d.o? Good question. Having everything on one machine
> > would greatly simplify many things. It is not clear that va has
>
> VA these days has bandwidth, I just checked they have no problem with an
> increase.
>
> Do what ever makes your life saner and improves things were ever possible.

master is a faster machine than va. To get wml working fast[1] on va, we
would need the newer versions of wml installed on it, but those won't run on
slink (I tried it, it compiled, but didn't run because of some Perl
trouble).

You said yesterday (on IRC) that va won't be upgraded to potato yet, so it's
rather hard for us to move to va.

[1] fast as in not taking a day or two to rebuild the site. :|