Re: wml issues, divert stuff and upgrade to wml2

Hello Joy,

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 03:19:46PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I noticed Anthony's changes to templates made all the pages look bad under
> wml2, so I fixed it. What I noticed later is that the change makes the pages
> look bad under wml1. >:< We could probably avoid this problem by undoing the
> initial changes, I guess...

Sorry, I didn't anticipate that my changes would create problems
for the wml2 migration ("{#mainbody:" vs. "{#mainbody#:").
I was hoping that the "{#mainbody:" syntax is faster than "..mainbody>>",
and that it is only a small change from that to wml_2.x's syntax.

BTW, what is the plan for the migration from wml_1.7.4 to wml_2.0.x?
e.g. timeframe, which machine (master or lully or some other?),
anything that we should note, and anything that we could help with...
:-)  (Thanks!)

> Anyway, I also noticed this in the daily build log:
>
> Running make install -> wml
>
> real    568m21.397s
> user    400m42.290s
> sys     31m6.000s
>
> Nine and a half hours. :(

Where may I find the build log?  (Sorry, it is probably a FAQ... :-)

> So I got wml 2.0.2 installed on master (hi Thing :) and am starting a
> rebuild now. The package can be found in woody, and it installs fine on
> potato machines. Considering everyone should be using potato nowadays
> because it is the release named stable, this shouldn't be a problem.

Great!  Yes, whenever you want to make the switch to WML 2.x, just
let us know, and we'll switch right over.  :-)

Hmm... if possible, it would be really nice to have WML 2.x in
Debian 2.2rev1.  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada