https / SSL question

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has had experience w/ HTTPS / SSL. There seems to be very little documentation on HTTPS. I just have a few questions:

1) Are all socket connections in HTTPS (specifically version 1.1) done through SSL?

2) In HTTP 1.1 (not 1.0) you can send multiple GETs through the same socket connection. Can you do the same in HTTPS (1.1)?

3) Does anyone know which versions of browsers HTTPS is compatible with such as IE or Netscape?

Thanks