Re: document matrix generation in releases/slink/

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 10:16:07AM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:

> > and I also don't know the strings to add to language_names.wml.
>
> The name in English (in all lowercase) is the hash key, and the value is its
> translated name. Be sure to add the name in English to all the languages (so
> that yet untranslated copies will get the name in English).

Just to be explicit about it, here is an example where I only knew the
French words for Croatian and French. The translators will take care
of everything else:
        fr => {
                finnish    => "finnish",
                croatian   => "croate",
                english    => "english",
                danish     => "danish",
                french     => "fran<E7>ais",
                german     => "german",
                italian    => "italian",
                japanese   => "japanese",
        },

> > Should I just go ahead anyway and add stuff to the %langs hash in
> > languages.wml?  What would that break?  Nothing?

Go ahead and add them. There is no harm in adding languages that aren't
yet used in our section of the web site.

Additionally, if you need anything new implemented, discuss it with us.
It only makes sense for us to share these resources. No point in having
translators duplicate work.

Jay Treacy