Re: new developer's corner

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 10:31:24PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> 1) Is it still mirroring?
> Not Found
> The requested URL /devel/extract was not found on this server.
should have been extract_key.... fixing now..

> BTW whatever that is it may be somewhat overlapping with the search
> function on db.debian.org - perhaps they should be merged?
<shrug>  I don't know enough about the db.debian.org project, really.  Is
there a faq?

> 2) Xearth marker file
> Do people want to resume the project to get this mostly complete? I have
> the necessary fields in the LDAP directory, web and console forms to
> manipulate them, etc
I am willing to put a link back.. but since the existing one was so
outdated, I didn't think it a good idea to leave it..

> 3) Debian-Admin address
> This should be debian-admin@lists.debian.org [note the lists]
Hmm.... That's not in devel page...???

> 4) Release Info
> Is potato really called 2.2? Past releases, hamm, bo, rex and buzz are
> available online at archive.debian.org they should probably be linked from
> this page too? The 'download here' link for the hamm release is also
> incorrect, it needs to refer to the archive server and it's mirrors. I
> don't think CD images for hamm are online anymore and I doubt anyone sells
> them [??]
I think all of that should be in the release page... the first release info
link.

> 5) Release Info #2
> Why are there two links one after another with the same name and different
> content? :> APT is all caps [it is an acronym], and 'part 3' sounds a bit
> strange - 'version 3' is probably better. There are also two bold headings
> in the blue column with nothing in them
I can't find an APT that's not capped or a part 3 ????

> 6) RC bugs - There is a #Fixme showing
bad attept to comment...

> 7) PAM link
> The PAM link is bad - I once found a working HTTP site that one could read
> the PAM pages from, it was a russian kernel mirror or somesuch
We'll see if BenC has a different link.. remind me in IRC if I forget..

> 8) Machines table
> This is out of date again lets see..
>   - Albert is down until further notice (probably indefinately)
>   - saens runs unstable
>   - murphy runs unstable
>   - new machine: lully.debian.org - alpha, runs unstable
>   - new machine: debussy.debian.org - arm, runs unstable

Saved for a later update... I think the "official" list is in the
developers reference... I'll see if I can get that author to keep this
page, also..