Re: GNOME update for slink - webpage

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 06:20:06PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the GNOME update for slink is near completition, I have created a
> webpage describing the thing. It will most likely still change, as
> spelling and grammar is corrected as well as info in updated or added,
> but I want to arrange the placement on the Debian pages beforehand.
>
> First a nice URL would be nice. Is /gnome-slink.html vacant and
> acceptable? Forthermore, we need some contect with one of you, so that
> the page gets copied to the final location when it is ready, and the
> page also has to be adapted to the rest of www.debian.org (and maybe
> translated). I believe WML is used, right? Could one of you be so kind
> and edit the page, so that it fits into the rest of the site?
>
> Ciao,
> 	Martin

Is that where we want it or would it fit better in
/releases/stable/gnome.html
??

Either way, wml is easy... strip off everything above the <BODY> tag and
the <BODY> tag istself.  Strip off any ending tags that were removed from
the top (like the </HTML> tag).  Include this line at the top:

#use wml::debian::template title="Something catchy"

where title="" what would be in the <TITLE> tags.

The resulting file, when dropped into the make tree, will conform to the
Debian WWW look :)