Debian WWW CVS

Hi,
I am new to this business, so I don't know how it should look like and I
have a few questions.
1) I would like to start translating Debian Webpages to Polish so I've
read the HOWTO and it says i should contact webmaster (but he seems to
be a 'VeryBusyGuy') so i tried the other option: subscribe to this list.
I hope YOU will help me..
2) in the same time i tried to begin copying english CVS tree, but the
server (cvs.debian.org) does not allow me to do this :( connection
refused) is it down or something?

3) should i do some of the things that the developers must do, like get
a PGP fingerprint etc..?
looking forward for your reply

Marcin Owsiany
porridge@lo4.ids.bielsko.pl