Re: Translating security info

Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:

>         Could somebody tell me how I should proceed in order to translate
> the security announcementes. The layout has changed, there is an 'info' dir
> in security apparently empty (Jay tells me it should be this way).

The info directory was basicly emptied and could/should be removed from the
tree.. it's just not a pleasent task under CVS...The page security/index.wml is
pretty much a straight web page.  The whole thing will need to be translated.
The lines with "<: get_recent_list(etc" should be left as they are.  They
generate the list under the (translated) heading.  There isn't anything in the
list-generating code that needs to be translated either.  Just put those lines
where you want the list to be...

In the directories undated, 1997, 1998 and 1999 are the actual announcements.  On
the announcements, the only line that would probably need to be changed is the
line with the tag : description.  Either way, any tag you want to translate, you
can.  Just don't touch the tag names.  I don't think there's anything in the
fixes_link subroutine that needs to be translated but I can check when I get home
tomarrow...

The index.wml in each subdirectory contains nothing but the get_recent_list calls
and the page title.  Just change the text in the title="text here" text in
quotes.

That should get you started.  If you find anything else, let me know... We'll see
what we can do to make it easy to translate.