Re: Debian History Page

> I started collecting information for this a while back,  and someone
> pointed out that this was actually a manual in the DDP -- the Debian
> Project Manual.  I've moved it to sgml and put an html copy at
> http://master.debian.org/~lowe/history -- do we really need to have a
> seperate page with the same information in the "About" corner of the
> webpage,  or can we just link to the ddp manual?

I would be happy to replace that whole page with something from another
project if it was appropriate. As much as possible we should avoid
duplication of effort. For use on the web site this means:
  Organized in a way that the appropriate section can simply be copied
  into the web dir.

  (not mandatory) If more than 2-3 pages it has its own directory with
  the main page named index.html or, even better, index.html.<lang>

Ideally all documentation projects will be set up to make it easy to
do translations and to have those translations added to the archive.

This brings up the naming of files and links. If there is more than
one language available it should be possible to generate the pages
so the files are named <file>.html.<lang> and the links reference
'file' instead of 'file.html'. This allows the use of content negotiation
so non-english versions of documents can be accessed naturally if they
exist.

Jay Treacy