Re: Packages' list: Features?

On Sun, Jan 25, 1998 at 03:00:26AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
>  It woould be very easy to add all kind of indexes and other features. But
> before starting the job I'd like to know what would you people like to see
> in those pages.

>    - By maintainer ?

This is already included in the people.html file, isn't it?

>    - Alphabetical (all packages) ?

Yes please.  This would make some search quite easy.

And yes, I highly appreciate Jay's prop for changelogs.

>    - Different order (ordered by date/size/package) ?

???

>    - Link to developer personal homepage ?

Afaik not needed as this is already done on the people.html page.

>    - Link to package's bug page ?

>  What else can be done?

On IRC many peope asking "Which package contains file xyz".  Maybe
we could include another cgi-bin that looks up a particular file
in the Contents file(s)?

Regards,

	Joey

 / The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media             /
/                                             -- H. Peter Anvin /