Re: Content rating

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:17:50PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>> I think it's fair at least to ask for the package description to alert
>> of what's inside the package, honestly and explicitly. Then each
>> parent could decide whether they want their kids to play games that
>> sexualize and objectify women, or not.
>
> I think you want a content classification, as in:
> https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/188189
>
> I think this is a good idea.
> Note that it may be provided within or without Debian (e.g. at LGDB).
> IMHO it's too complex for the scope of package description.

Even though I wholeheartedly agree with you about this, until we can
have such a system in place, the issue with this particular package,
being targeted at kids, is important enough to deserve the explicit
comment I mentioned in the description. If, for example, there was
nudity or promotion of violence in, lets say, gcompris or tuxmath, I
would certainly expect that too. It would be great to have such a
system for all packages, including those targeted at more adult users,
but I would say that in the case of packages targeted at small kids,
being honest, explicit and transparent in the package description
should be a must.

Greetings,
Miry