Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

Hi,

On 04/30/2015 08:09 AM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> I agree that this should ideally be fixed upstream. I haven't looked
> at latest upstream release yet either, and I doubt I will be able to
> in at least a couple of weeks, but from what it seems from Vincent
> Lejeune's description, it doesn't look too good for me. If it is as
> bad as it sounds, and considering that it's a package targeted at
> kids, I honestly wouldn't be too happy with those additions in
> Debian's packages. If upstream doesn't want to fix it (hopefully they
> will) and if we don't want to patch it (it has to be seen how hard
> that can be), then at the very least we should include a warning in
> the description of the package, and maybe also when starting the game,
> alerting about that. That's what I would expect, at least.

>From the description I understand we talk about images like [1]
(racism?) or [2] (sexism?)? Are these truly so offensive that they need
modifications in Debian and/or explicit warnings in the package description?

Ansgar

  [1]
<http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/persistent/images/8/82/OfficialPoster_090.jpg>
  [2]