Re: Who is Siri Reiter

Hi Hector,

On 28-11-2013 12:09, Hector Oron wrote:
Hello Siri,

2013/11/27 Siri Reiter <siri@jones.dk>:

Weeks ago I signed up to give a talk during the Mini-Debconf-Women. It's
called "Graphic design with Debian". Here's a short introduction to the talk
(as I see it today):
   http://sirireiter.dk/talks/graphicswithdebian/

That sounds really interesting and I am really looking forward to
improve my design skills by watching your talk.

I'm happy to know (for sure) that you'll be there.

I've signed up with several intentions, excited about this opportunity to
engage:

  a. Put my work in the context of Debian
  b. Talk about visual design in Debian
  c. Add my perspective as a user
  d. State the possibility of using free tools for professional graphics
production and printing

I have been checking your portfolio, it looks very promising. I am
also interested to know how do you feel or what is your perspective
being a user and using free tools provided for professional graphic
design, do they all cover your needs?

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, they cover my needs - maybe because I'm ok with compromises. Most importantly my tools cover the requirements for professional printing jobs.

[snip]

  i. Get myself further involved

I am looking forward for that, there are lots of "Debian
contributions" designers could do.

This blog entry is about my aim with the talk:
   http://sirireiter.dk/blog/entry/131124a_en/

I also put the subjects "Participation" and "Visual design in Debian" in the
BOF list. I'll get to write some sort of explanatory introduction to these
discussions too.

Thanks Siri for working on that goal, I find it very interesting, and
I'll certainly try to follow as I am pretty bad when it comes to
design.

Thanks very much, Hector. I hope to give you an idea about design thinking and to inspire you to collaborate with visual designers. I have a lot to learn from you, too.

-Siri

--
Siri Reiter
Stauninggårdsvej 25, Orø