Re: introduction

Welcome

One of the easiest places I found to start was updating packages I was using
that were out of date.

You can get a lot information about a package at:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/common/index.html

Theres a list of work-needed-prospective-packages at
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

What are you studying? I've seen that debian has few different science teams.

Diane