Re: Updates on the site and a proposal ;)

Hello,

I am reading the online version.  I agree that "anyone" is the most neutral option but,
IMHO, something more explicit should be preferred.  Something like "individuals of
any gender", yielding
"The goal of the Mentoring Program is to support and guide individuals of any gender
who want to contribute to Debian..." (rest unchanged).
I may be wrong, but I think that because Debian Women is called "Debian Women",
and because the title is "Debian Women Mentoring Program", some people might
read "anyone" as "any woman" in this sentence, in this context.

Also, this statement is about being gender non-discriminatory, and Debian Women
relates to a gender issue, so I believe it is more than welcome to have the term
"gender" somewhere on this page.

Because this is my first post to this mailing list, I guess I {should,could,would} introduce
myself briefly.  My name is Marianne, I am a cisgender woman, and I have been using
Debian *consciously* for almost two years.

Cheers,
Marianne

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 02:47:56PM +0100, Éric Araujo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 07/03/2012 14:25, Francesca Ciceri a écrit :
> > I've just substitued the old description with the one provided in the
> > "Bits from the Debian Women project" paragraph on DPN 11/2010 [1]: which
> > says:
> >
> > "The Mentoring Program allows men and women who want to contribute to
> > Debian, but aren't sure where or how to start, to get some help with
> > their first steps."
> >
> > This is IMVHO a really good wording and explain very well that the
> > mentoring program is open both to women and men.
>
> To be inclusive of people that identify outside of this binary system
> (intersex, third genders in non-Western cultures, etc.), maybe “allows
> anyone” would be even better.

Website updated.

Thanks Eric for the proposal and Fabien, Daniel and Amaya for reviews (on
IRC).

Cheers,
Francesca

--